Saturday, April 18, 2009

latest drawing

I decided to revise my cowboy digital disaster from earlier this year by starting completely over, and then just doing away with color all together.
And honestly after drawing that guy for 4 weeks I couldn't go back to it. So stuffed him in the back left corner and drew this.




I just finished off Emma, and I have to say Emma and Northanger Abby aren't my favorite Austins. They make me feel a little bit more stupid after I read them. Although, the chapter where Emma and Mr. Knightly are arguing about if any woman of good virtues are worth a man well above her status was worth it. Too bad it was the third chapter and by the end it feels like Austin says "Yeah she's worth it, but she aint going to get it." But then I read Lady Susan and felt better.

2 comments:

Ty Carter said...

Ha! You crack me up...is there any significance to the left corner or just that its a dark, dark place where bad paper is stored...I love this new direction you're taking it. This sketch has a lot of nice fluid movement to it. I'm excited to see this finalized!

Rachel J said...

Yes, the left corner is where I put things that I am ashamed of in most of my work. Actually, really any corner is where I put the shameful things that I should have composed better. Its a weird habit of mine I only realized a month ago.