Monday, June 22, 2009

liszt and Chopin dream sequence

So I decided to make a picture dedicated to Liszt and Chopin and in the end got something that, after I looked at it for a while, could be a really nerdy tattoo.



To explain the picture, Liszt (on top) was an extravagant performer in Paris, and at the same time was Chopin (bottom), a hermitish composer. They're two pianists that are opposites of eachother but were freinds during their lifetimes. Apparently at every one of Liszts performances, women threw their gloves and their flowers at him. He'd throw off his glove from a balcony and they'd freak out. He was pretty much the first rock star. But a rock star playing Rachmoninoff.
Chopin got really sickly and had a lot of failed relationships and went down in history as the boy that dated George Sands. George Sands decided to break up with him because she's unromantic like that.

1 comment:

Linds said...

Love it. Speaking of which, last night in my dream I was in the final selection pool for becoming Vice Pres of the US. And I think they were actually gonna pick me!Sweet. And your comment on my blog made me laugh so hard! Sorry to disappoint you, I'll have to work on that big-time publisher thing :)