Saturday, September 12, 2009

todays landscape...

Yesterdays went so bad I didn't post it. but here's todays. I'm working on clouds. Again, I've no idea who took this photo but it helped give me great practice so I don't take credit for the composition at all.


But I did paint a portrait. And I hated it. So I'm not posting it. I'm not good at painting realistic things with Painter, and parts of me are like "why are you learning how to paint digitally when you already know how to do it by hand again?"

Man, the only problem with getting in a rut and stopping what your doing to 'discover what you like' is that you end up worlds behind where you should be. Maybe its a good thing I can't get a job and I have so much time to do all these studies?

Whats really funny is that I also have all the time in the world and my social life just dropped a lot. This would be a huge problem if I still wanted to date. But I'm quite lucky, yousee, because I'm so sick of relationships that I don't mind spending a lot of my time with my tablet and the end of the garden's tomato crop. Otherwise this might be a huge depressing problem.

PS, saw Nine and I didn't like it. Its like watching a video game: Not rendered to movie quality, the storyline was quick and choppy, no depth to the characters, but at least the character design was spot on.

6 comments:

Matt Loveridge said...

Rachel,

How's it going? I really like this landscape. I've made a list of all sorts of things I want to do to keep my skills up, but have only done a few of them. On a positive note I am sending around a story I finished soon, and I just finished writing another one. Sorry, I got a little long winded but your stuff looks great!

Michelle Christensen said...

HEY... check your email!! I'm coming to san francisco this weekend.

Linds said...

look who's violating copyright now...

M.R. Weaver said...

:O Those clouds make me want to make out with the SKY.

Danielle said...

Yo, you should check out your library (or go sit in a corner of Barnes & Noble) and grab a copy of ImagineFX -- it's all digital painting, all the time!

Also, for great clouds, try Featherdust Studios--she might give you an idea of how to work with the digital media.

Danielle said...

(Er, and ImagineFX is a magazine. Forgot to mention that.)