Wednesday, November 11, 2009

that book I was doing


I really need to finish this thing. PS wow that came out way too dark. Its always great when you shrink something down to 500 px.


After finishing this step of the process I think I'm going to change the composition a bit, pull that thing out of the corner (i didn't realize how heavy it would be once it was darker) and such (not to mention working on the waves.) But I've been trying out this new painting technique that is so much better than what I used to do on my B+W's. I realized just recently that I still didn't know anything about photoshop when I graduated college. Luckily since I've been learning a lot through these little practices.


I really need to scan the bottom layer better, (this is just a photograph of my tracing paper, which isn't too hot) I did it w. mechanical pencil on tracing paper. Mostly because I don't have this problem with smudging that other people have, and it erases without that dental bzzzzz of an electric eraser when you use something stronger to draw with. I'm going to give in and go to Kinkos to get a really nice architectural scan. Because this isn't ready to be dummied into a book. Especially with this composition, anyway.


1 comment:

Linds said...

Ok, 75 cents, final offer! Speaking of dummy books...Sunny Beast? It could be legendary...it is, after all, the legend of sunny beast...just sayin.... Miss you!