Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sidetrack Saturday!

Today's TINAC for Sidetrack Saturday is probably one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. It's called, and be ready for this:

Pies Baked in Tiny Jars.

I love Pies. I love tiny things. I love tiny things in Jars that you can give to other people. I also happen to love portion control. Why did it take so long for someone to figure this out?

Anyways, here's a picture of it after it's cooked and un-jarred.


The picture and idea are thanks to NotMartha.org and her wonderful camera skills. And here is the link to the Tiny Pies in the Tiny Jars. (http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/piesbakedintinyjars/)

I want to try this out, but my whole family is on a serious diet and my Mother is seriously doubtful about these because she is a pie purist. But it worked for NotMartha, it should work for everyone else. I also have to find a Mason Jar with the right lip, and my Mom is also a canning purist, so all of our lips don't work for this. One day. One day I'll have my tiny pie in my tiny jar.

4 comments:

Linds said...

oooooh, i think i will make one, eat it all for myself, and then tell you how amazing it was :D

Also, I'm moving to a new place, so if you will take a $5 + shipping expenses commission (haha, but for real...) I could use some fairly large wall art. Here are my room themes

Bedroom: blues & greens, leafs, calm

Living Room: dark red, dark wood, giraffe, yellow/red bamboo rug, bold

Think about it... :)

Rachel J said...

5$! that's your highest bid yet, that's like 2000% higher than your ordinary bid of .25 cents!

sweetheart bitterheart said...

YUM!!!!! i want one right this very second.

Krystle said...

I was gonna say, "Where was the invite to come eat your pies?!" But then I read your post, but when you do make them, I better get an invite! :) I love cherry pie!