Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LOL this blog is a joke


I never post art in here anymore! This blog has turned into such a joke!


Really, it's because I'm busy. I'm doing large scale peices that are 3 foot by 2 foot and I've never done anything that big before--well other than that 10 foot mural but it deosn't count because it was black and white housepaint. I took a picture of one for you. It's still super unfinished and I hate the color I'm putting in for the sky--I'm going to change that.
Case you're wondering about the deeper meaning of a landscape of a california condor painting a landscape: I decided to make it based on artistic creativity and it's relationship with creation and destruction (in this case, destruction embodied in extinction.) There's more meaning behind it. I kind of make up meaning as it goes, youknow? So long as I have something to tell the San Jose indies when they drop by.
I'm currently trying to save a struggling image which has a whole womb + egg visual going on (it's not phallic, don't worry. you wouldn't even notice unless I pointed it out to you) but it has this random portrait in it that is done so well technically I don't want to erase it. But lo, here it goes: I'm going to erase it...
....

2 comments:

whitney johnson said...

i'm like obsessed with these victorian frame/silhouette things! and i totally know what you mean about "make up meaning as it goes." once i actually get started on a painting it always has an idea of its own!

Linds said...

so about that egg picture...if its the one im thinking of, then I helped create it and I'm expecting royalties!!