Tuesday, January 26, 2010

sketchbook

First off, my website (still in the works) can be seen here

www.rajillustration.com

unfortunately it uploads the old version of my portfolio, which is not good, but I'll fix that soon.

I found this great quote today, its about writing but works for art, too:

"When a teacher (still a dear friend) of mine in graduate school suggested I ought to be a writer, I was appalled. "I don't want to add another mediocre writer to the world," I said. She helped me (it took years of nudging) to understand that if I wasn't willing to risk mediocrity, I would never accomplish anything. "

-Katherine Paterson Newberry Winner of "Bridge of Terabithia"

Speaking of Mediocrity--my sketchbook!









This is Ms. Kitty! She always steals my 'think spot' and sheds it up, but I love her anyway.

3 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Rachel Jones! How are you?! What is the latest? I've been thinking about you repeatedly lately and wondering what you're up to. Keep me updated, would you?

whitney johnson said...

RACHEL, i've been meaning to ask you this since january 26.... who designed your website??? did you do it yourself? how much are you paying?? i'm dying to get a website but have no idea how to get started!

Linds said...

JUST SAW THE NEW WEBSITE!! AWESOME!! :D