Friday, March 20, 2009

self portriat



So here's something from a personal project I've been working on, about the life and times of me. I think I can make into an out of class assignment for Greg's class, Since it is a self portrait and all. Its not all done yet; I need it to look more like a woodcut. The final image will be printed on a scantron sheet, so as to describe one of the pivital moments of my life, about three years ago, after I slaved away on homework for about 15 odd years and someone told me "Ya no one's going to look at your GPA ever again" and my brain exploded.

I still don't believe them.

Things I like: its not acrylic
Things I don't like: how I set up "Times" and forgot the dash after the "E" in "Some" and the sloppy hair and the mysterious right hand. And how that line goes off the side to the left. I didn't realize it did that.

I also realize that it is a lot like the design on the cover of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close with the words in the hand. But I assume that he got that idea from someone else long before him.

2 comments:

Linds said...

whoa, RAJ...calm down

Rachel J said...

Lol, Linds. Its a good thing you told me you were joking on the phone or I would have thought you were serious. ha, anyways, I'm excited for our service painting. I'm trying to think up ideas but still all I can think up is chickens and cats.