Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Art for my neice who likes creepy stories but hates to read


Never done anything at all comic before, and as a lot of you know, I didn't even read comics until about 2007 when I was stuck on a week-long road-trip with 8 illustrators and animators who tutored me all in the basics of comics AKA why the never ending fight between Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and ninjas is basically never ending (and all the details of why Captian America was so boring that he deserved to die). By the time I was done with illustration I feel like I minored in comics, but still never actually attempted one.

But now since its the recession and I've nothing better to do, I've been making little stories for my neices and nephews, and one has a thing for creepy Tim-Burton stuff and she really, really hates to read ( a shame!) . So I'm making her a creepy comic about hairless cats who are taking over the world that live in an alternate Cat-reality and can only be stopped by other, much better looking cats. Type thing. we'll see how this goes.

And then I did the first page and realized I made something that looks like Lady Gaga Fanfiction. These take forever to make! I've done about 10 pages and I've dropped the ink and switched to pencil and it's still...quite the effort! What do you people with more comic experience do to make it go faster? Or is that not the point?

3 comments:

Linds said...

Sunny Beast strikes again!

PS- the bf LOVES comics...I dont know how I feel about it...also the "graphic novel"...i dunno, I need your guidance!

M.R. Weaver said...

AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH LADY GAGA FANFICTION MIGHT I ASK.
lol.

This is great, I hope to see more of it!
Comics are just so freaking rad, I hope to see you do great things with this art form.
:>

CAT LADY YAAAY!

elitisthippies said...

i love that, rach.


make me something cool that I can hang up in my room!...please. you can bring it when you come to visit, before i make you see hair. muahahaha