Thursday, March 4, 2010

The name of my mural is: "Professor Hull was right. AKA Saved by Photo Reference"

I need some way to remind myself to do things like update my blog. Like, I dunno...that daytimer my Mom forced on me at Christmas (and every christmas of my entire life since I could write) However, I always forget I have it.

So here are the belated stages of the mural! I feel like Andrew Wyeth, with his lifesize paintings of knights fighting on horses and Robin Hood...but at the same time I reaaaaally....dont.

PS, the halfway points to here must have gotten corrupted or something on my camera. so you just get these two updates. this was from about earlier this week


close-up of the couple on the right that has been a mess this entire time. Thank goodness for photo reference


the band came out nice, though. The right trumpet kind of huge. We'll see if I have time to shrink it later.

Here's a more recent revision I did to save that poor confused woman's dress.
It made me breathe easier this way. but now she has a confused feather on her head.
close-up on band. Sorry, I had to use flash, it isn't the brightest day. It's also slightly tilted so you get the picture at an angle.
specially on his face down here.
I fixed James' face eventaully. For a while there it looked like he had been punched in the eye. My freinds James and Sarah posed for every one of these couples and the musicians. So I decided to put them with their actual faces as one of the couples, and that ended up being the problem couple. O well.
James and that guy in the middle's face was taking me an hour to figure out before I pulled out my photo-reference. I had no idea that I'd need it so bad. Something about painting big makes proportional mistakes kinda...glow.
But things are coming together. It should be done on time next Wednesday. I'm excited for it.

No comments: