Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Colleen atwood: Amazing

So I just saw Alice in Wonderland and thought that it was pretty meh. which is what I knew going into it. However, the costume designs are incredible! (and my favorite dress is probably floating around on the internet somewhere but I have no idea how to find it) So I looked up Colleen Atwood, two time Oscar winner, and realized that she's basically done every other film I've looked at and thought "well...at least the costumes were good." (not that every movie she does costumes for is meh) and I tried to find her illustrations for the outfits, and I was blown away by how they have really...no details and yet she can make an outfit out of them. How do costume designers do that?
Anyway, It had too much CGI. I'm getting sick of this new wave of Super-CGI that's come about since Avatar. It might look almost real, but doesn't convince me that it's not fake, it just makes it...a CGI movie. What so bad about making a set?
And I never want to see this glowing ultramarine blue matched with a warm gray ever again. I am so sick of it! It was all over Avatar, it was all over this movie (on the cat) and it's all over every video game in the past five years. Other colors can, indeed, glow in the dark.

No comments: