Monday, March 8, 2010

Farmers Market

My town has a Farmers Market just down the street from where I live. I'm bummed that I didn't take a picture of a.) the local singers who are all sorts of fantastic (this week the singer came with a bubble machine and sang folk stuff from the 70's) and b.) the Honey. We have this place that sells all these flavors of honey and its sort of addictive. But don't try ginger honey because it's like slurping a red-hot through your nose. You'll feel it for hours. I know.


I really liked these precariously bunched beets.


Because its the Chinese New Year season, abouts (because it lasts for a while) there's orchids all over the place, stacked so it was like being in a little forest of orchids. My mom insisted that even I could keep one alive. I guess we'll see.


I got this purple kind. I haven't named it yet so it hasn't gotten sick and plopped over from exhaustion like all of my other plants.



No comments: